Thursday 30 July 2015

My Favourite High Street Beauty Products




I am always searching for a bargain, so finding make up with a nice price tag is always a good moment! Over the last few years, I've tried many of different products from high street stores, so I thought I would put together a blog-post explaining what my favourite beauty products are and why! 

    Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation & Concealer 


My all time favourite is the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation. I find this perfect because it suits my skin tone so much and I can wear it all day without it feeling like it has faded! It did take me a long time to find out the right colour for me, as there is so many to choose from, which can be quite annoying but now I have fallen in love with this foundation even more now I know my right shade. It's around £8/9 in most high street stores such as boots and Superdrug and it can last a really long time so I think that is it worth the money and a bargain in my eyes! 

Another Rimmel Wake Me Up product, is the concealer which I have fallen in love with! Nobody wants to pay a large amount of money just for a concealer, so I think this is brilliant as it's cheap and it does the job! I use this mainly under my eyes and it hides dark circles really well, I used to go for the Soap & Glory Concealer, but I find that this one is a lot better.

Max Powder Pressed Creme Puff Powder


Pressed Powder has always been a hard one for me to find, I've tried so many but I've never really been impressed with many! But then I came across the Max Factor Creme Puff Powder and I immediately loved it, it makes my foundation stay on a lot longer and also gives me a slight tan which I like as I am so pale! It's under £5 so it's also a bargain and available in most high street stores! 




Simple Moisturiser 


Choosing a good moisturiser is a must for me, as I have sensitive skin I needed to find a really good moisturiser which leaves my skin feeling smooth and refreshed. I have previously tried so many different ones, including high-end products and also ones from lush. Since using products from Simple, my skin has improved so much and I now rarely get spots, which is such a big relief! See my old post about my skin care routine for more details on how I cleared my acne just by using a simple skin care routine, using simple, Garnier and Lush products! They are also quite cheap and a lot cheaper compared to high end products, which makes it a lot more affordable to keep your skin clear and healthy. I also think that this moisturiser is perfect for applying before you put make up on, it is such a light moisturiser and I feel that it makes my make up stay on longer and doesn't irritate my skin! All round, a really good product, well done simple!


Rimmel Eye-Shadow Palette



When I am in a rush and want to achieve a dark smoky eye-shadow look, I like to use the Rimmel Smoky Eye shadow palette, this is an affordable palette and is really effective! The dark blue really works well for a dark, dramatic look which is one of my favourite looks! I like to use this palette when I go on a night out and I want my eyes to stand out! This is under £5 so it is quite a bargain as you are getting three strong colours! 

Beauty UK Blusher 



I am sure a lot would agree, a bit of blusher sets a make up look off and is not complete with out it! This blusher is one of my favourites and really makes my cheeks stand out. It also lasts a really long time and is perfect for the price! I actually bought this a year ago and I still have some left, unbelievable! 







These are my all time favourite products that have a really nice price-tag too! Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post.

Please leave a comment if you also use this products, or let me know what your favourites are!

Amiey Laureen x


No comments:

Post a Comment