Tuesday 23 December 2014

Growing up struggles






I haven't written a non beauty post for a while, but recently I've come to a stage in life where I've had to make some tough decisions and it's made me realise that growing up and becoming an adult can be quite tough.

2014 has taught me a lot of things. It has made me realise that I should have tried harder in school, if only I could have gone back a few years and tried a little harder in my GCSE's. But, how are you meant to realise how important a qualification could be when you are only 18 and still have a lot to learn in life? It has also made me realise that relationships don't last forever, friendships don't always last forever and things can change and some times they can change in a way which you don't like, and you just have to accept that.

Through out my life, I've never really known what I wanted to do career wise. I've been through many of college courses and I've never really felt that they were for me. But this year I have realised that I have a passion for helping people and those with mental health problems so I decided to apply to university. As I have never really researched higher education before, I didn't really know how to go about it and applying individually didn't make it much easier. As I chose not to do my A levels or a level 3 BTEC, I have found that I probably won't be able to study any time soon. Which is really annoying, as I'm sure it's quite common not to know what you want to do as a career while you are still growing up yourself. How can one qualification I decided not to study a few years ago suspend me from doing what I love now? But I guess that sometimes, it's important to remember that you have to work yourself from the bottom to achieve the best. So if I am not able to go to university in September 2015, I won't give up. I shall keep on trying until I finally graduate in counselling so I can help other people. It's just annoying that some times things don't work out the way you want them too, while you watch others easily find success.

2014 has taught me that relationships and friendships are some times going to end, and that is for the best. I have learn't this year that I can be independent, and I don't need many of friends to be happy in my self. I can be perfectly happy with my family members around me and a few special friends that I can truly rely on. Things always work out how they are meant to be.

Everything that happens is a lesson in a life, and 2014 has been a big lesson for me!


Happy New Year
Amiey Laureen
x

1 comment:

  1. I really like this post! Very deep and thoughtful. When we're young, we don't know and understand these things. Until we grow older and have life experiences do we then realize that school is important and that friendships and relationships don't last, but like you said it is probably for the best :)

    ReplyDelete