Monday 27 January 2014

My trip to Paris

 
So last year I had this crazy idea where I thought.. you know what? I want to get away for new years eve 2013. I want to go to Paris! So me and my boyfriend decided on a nice hotel and booked the holiday around March time.. so there was a quite a long time to wait. I was SO excited after such a big build up and months and months of researching what a beautiful city it is. But the time went so quick and before we knew it we were at the airport waiting to board the plane. <3

Paris is such a glorious city with so many places to see and things to do! Every restaurant is outstanding and the French are so pleasant and friendly. It is such a good place to go with your loved one to just get away for a while and forget about everything else! But it was pretty different to what I expected in the terms of it being 'posh' and 'romantic.' The Eiffel tower was a little disappointing but it was still a beautiful sight! We stayed in the outskirts of Paris so we needed to use the metro to get in and out of the main part.. which was certainly an experience and quite confusing to get used to at the beginning of our holiday.(thank god for google maps!)

I would also not recommend going to Paris for new years eve. It was a very unreal experience.. there were a lot of 'drunk' people around and the place was full of police I some how felt that I was in a place like Magaluf with what the atmosphere felt like. People were pushing, shoving, and I felt very claustrophobic and it takes a lot to make me feel like that! There were also NO fireworks.. nothing, it was pretty disappointing and I expected so much more from it being the 'capital' of France. But still.. we made the most of it, and I can always say that I've been in Paris for one New Years Eve.. I guess! Don't get put off by this though.. I'd just recommend going in the summer. Although it was very christmassy and the Christmas market was so beautiful and my favourite part of Paris! 

I've probably made Paris sound like an extremely awful place.. don't get me wrong it is actually a beautiful city and a place that everybody should experience! The outskirts of Paris aren't even that expensive (from what we found)! There are a lot of historic places to check out and can be extremely fun if you are into that type of thing.. but beware of queues (up to 5 hours long!) but what can you expect for such famous landmarks and buildings? I'd also advise people to go in the summer and going to the love lock-bridge is a must!! be prepared for a lot of walking also as all the famous buildings are quite a distance from each other!!

If you have been to Paris please let me know your opinions on it..I would love to see your pictures and read some of your views :-)  




No comments:

Post a Comment