Friday 13 March 2015

My hair care routine and tips



My hair is getting to that stage where it is really long and it requires a lot of attention (meh!) so I find it essential to have some useful products to help control my hair and keep it looking and feeling clean. Firstly, I find it a lot easier not to wash my hair every day, I usually leave it 2-3 days (unless I have something important planned)! It is a common fact that it is unhealthy to wash your hair every day as you are washing out all those natural oils, so if you can, wait a few days!

My favourite shampoo and conditioner is the Lee Stafford brand, this always leaves my hair feeling extremely smooth and soft! I seem to use these when I have a special occasion or when I feel that my hair needs a good pick-me-up wash as this brand can be quite expensive, so I want to to last as long as possible before I buy more! The lee Stafford setting lotion is also really handy, I feel that it gives a lot more volume to my hair which I love and you only need to spray a small amount in your hair after washing it so it is sure going to last a long time!

Another favourite brand of mine is palmolive. I love this brand as it is cheap and simple! I use this most of the time as I love how it makes my hair feel really soft, there are also different ones to pick from, but I love the "brilliant colour" one as it really brings out the blonde in my hair! This is perfect if you just want a basic and cheap shampoo that does it's job!

I am a massive fan of Soap & Glory, that is why I had to try their hair care products! My favourite hair care product of theirs has to be their shampoo. This leaves my hair with lots of volume and it makes it feel SO soft. It is a bit pricey, so I just use this on certain occasions, but it is definitely worth the buy!

Tips for your hair

  • As I have already mentioned, try not to wash your hair every day unless you have to! Your hair will be a lot healthier if you leave it 2-3 days.
  • When washing your hair - wash your hair two to three times with shampoo, your hair will feel fresh a lot longer and will look cleaner as the shampoo will remove more dirty and grease!
  • Make sure you spray heat products in your hair before drying, straightening or curling your hair, heat can really damage your hair over time! My favourite heat care product is the Tresemme protection spray, this is an affordable price but does it's job.
  • Once or twice a week, try and leave your conditioner in your hair for a while longer, this is perfect if you are having a bath. Leave it in for 10-20 minutes as this will condition your hair a lot better and it will do a lot of good to the quality of your hair.



Thank you for reading my blog, 
feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them!

Amiey Laureen-x

No comments:

Post a Comment